Annual Tax Sale Registration Information
Douglas County Courthouse
County Board Room
401 S. Center
Tuscola, Illinois 61953
The sale will begin at 1:00 PM, Friday, October 28, 2022. Anyone interested in being a tax buyer must complete a Bidder Registration Form and return it to the Treasurer’s office no later than 10 business days prior to the tax sale (Thursday, October 13, 2022).
Fees to be added to each real estate parcel purchased at the tax sale:
- $20.00 Indemnity Fee
- $10.00 Automation Fee
- $10.00 Publication Fee
- $60.00 Sale In Error Fee
- $4.00 County Clerk Fee
- $2.00 Duplicate Tax Bill Fee (if requested)
Tax Sale Buyer Instructions
Tax Sale Registration Fee:
- $250.00 Tax Sale Registration Fee (must be included with registration form)
This law (35 ILCS 200/21-220) calls for a Registration Fee of no more than $250 in counties with population under 50,000. The $250 will be applied to any purchase made at the tax sale.
If the registrant cannot attend the tax sale they may notify the collector no later than 5 business days (October 21, 2022) prior to the sale of any substitute person who will participate in the sale.
If the registrant does not attend the sale, the deposit will be forfeited to the Tax Sale Automation Fund.
If the registrant does attend the sale and attempts, but fails, to purchase any parcels offered for sale, then the deposit will be refunded to the registrant.
Tax Sale Fees (Non-Refundable):
- $50 Tax Sale Delinquent List E-mailed (must be included with registration form)
If you intend to bid at the annual tax sale please complete the Bidder Registration Form and return it and all fees due on or before October 13, 2022. There is a registration fee, and if you want delinquent tax information you must pay a $50 delinquent list fee. Please include a separate check for each fee.
Other buyer requirements:
- It is our policy that you leave a signed check for all purchases and a telephone number where you can be reached prior to and after the sale.
- Winning bids are final and your payment is non-refundable. Make sure that what you bid on is actually what you want. If you default, by law, Douglas County will pursue collection on winning bids through the courts.
- Payment must be made with a check for US funds drawn on a US bank.
Our tax sale will be conducted using “RAMS I” (Real-Time Auction Management System), an automated system to track bids and compile data. When we receive your registration form and fee, and as soon as it is available, you will receive a listing of the current delinquent list by email containing a digital text file in PDF format. You must have a PDF Reader program installed on your computer in order to open the file. PDF Reader programs are widely available for download on the internet. For further information visit
At the beginning of the sale a training and demonstration session will be conducted to familiarize all buyers with the procedure.
If you have any further questions, please call us at 217-253-4011 or email us at [email protected]
Douglas County Collector
PO Box 320
Tuscola, IL 61953
Douglas County Collector
401 S Center St, Room 206