- Email:[email protected]
Address:P.O. Box 438
920 S. Washington
Tuscola, IL 61953
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is continuously accepting applications for the following positions either through the direct hire process or through our experienced officer/lateral transfer program.
- Deputy Sheriff ($19.96/hr)
- Telecommunications ($17.76/hr)
- Correctional Officer ($17.69/hr)
Applicants must be a U.S. or Naturalized Citizen qualified to work in the United States, at least 21 years of age, have no felony or misdemeanor conviction for domestic battery or any offense which forbids he/she from carrying a firearm, must have a high school diploma or equivalent, able to pass a mandatory drug screen, and be able and willing to relocate to Douglas County or within 20 miles of the Douglas County line within one year from the date of hire. Applicant shall submit a resume with their application
Applicants applying under the experienced officer/lateral transfer program must meet the following requirements:
- He/She has two or more consecutive years of experience as a police officer/deputy, with a State, County or Municipal Agency;
- He/She is currently in good standing with the State, County or Municipal Agency in which the applicant works or has worked;
- He/She has successfully completed the State of Illinois approved training or a recognized equivalent for the position that he/she is applying for; and
- He/She is currently certified by the State of Illinois in the position that he/she is applying for or is able to obtain the proper certification without having to attend any academy.
Applicant’s letter will then be forwarded to that agency upon receipt. Applications are available either online, or at the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, 920 S. Washington Street, Tuscola, Illinois 61953. For further information call (217) 253-2913 and speak with Chief Deputy Adam Weinstock.
All applications for the positions of Correction Officer, Telecommunication, and Deputy Sheriff will be accepted and maintained on file for one (1) year for consideration due to any future openings.
To view inmates in the Douglas County Illinois Jail please download our app to view the most current updated jail population.
If while searching for a certain name in the current Douglas County jail population list you did not find the name of an individual thought to be held in the state of Illinois please refer to the Resource Links below for a Statewide Search.